- This event has passed.
What is Self-Funding of Health Benefits?
June 16 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm EDT
…and Why Are Most Americans in Self-Funded Plans?
In this session, you will learn about:
- The self-funding national trend
- The strategy and components of a self-funded benefit plan
- What is stop-loss? What is captive stop loss?
- The advantages and disadvantages of self-funding
- How does recent legislation change employer responsibilities with their benefit plans?
- What to expect from your health benefits broker/agent
About the Speakers
Matt McCord, MD is the Founder of Health Value Solutions, a Health Benefits Management Company. He is a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist with over 30 years of health care delivery experience. Matt has served as a Clinical Educator, Advisor, Consultant and Administrator. Matt was active in the politics of health care during the rollout of the Affordable Care Act and has helped advance laws in the State of Michigan to improve health care delivery, including Direct Primary Care and the Non-Opioid Directive. Matt founded Health Value Solutions in 2020 to help Employers buy benefits smarter while lowering costs and improving the care experience for their employees. Matt is a Health Rosetta Certified Benefits Agent, a national organization of like-minded Benefits Agents that are changing healthcare.
Jon Porta is the President and CEO of Grace & Porta Benefits.